So I’m still new to blogging and didn’t think about taking pictures as I was making it. Most times when I cook I improvise and add in random things even if I’m following a recipe, so I thought I would share this with you.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 10 to 12 slices white bread
- maple syrup or other syrup
- Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, bananas and milk.
- Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.
- Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
- Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup. (It tastes great with milk as well)