What you’ll need:
- light colored nail polish
- base coat
- top coat
- old newspapers
- rubbing alcohol
- Paint a base coat on your nails to protect your nails and let it dry thoroughly. This is optional, but it makes the color show up better and protects it. Make sure to let it dry thoroughly.
- Once its dry, paint one or two coats of the light colored polish that you picked out until you get the desired look.
- Wait for that coat to dry. When it’s dry start ripping your newspaper into small pieces.
- Dip the newspaper scraps into some rubbing alcohol and press it to your fingers. you can do this to all your fingers or just do a pattern, it doesn’t really matter.
- You can also dip your finger into the alcohol for about 5-10 seconds. Then take a small piece of newspaper. Press it firmly on your nail for a few seconds.
- Peel it off carefully. You’ll find that the ink from the newspaper will be left behind. Just clean around your nail with some nail polish remover to get rid of the ink. You can also save this until you put on the top coat.
- Once you finished transferring the ink to all your nails, put a top coat over it. This step is very important otherwise all the newspaper ink will rub off!