This recipe is to DIE for and since it’s super easy I decided to put it up as a last minute Thanksgiving dessert recipe.
- 1 – Packaged Cake Mix, Yellow or White
- 1 – 21 oz. can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 – 20 oz. can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 – Stick Butter (refrigerated)
- 1 – Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan or just a regular casserole bowl with butter.
Spread cherry pie filling over bottom of the pan. Layer the pineapple on top of it but DON’T drain it.
- Take the spatula or a spoon and mix the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple together in the baking pan until they are well mixed. Made sure the mixture is evenly distributed and level in the baking pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over all but DO NOT MIX IT IN. Melt butter and drizzle over the top. If you want you can sprinkle the crushed pecans now.
Bake for 30-45 minutes in a 350-degree oven or until the top is golden brown. That’s it.
- You can serve this with Vanilla ice cream as well because it tastes AMAZING.
Hope you enjoy, happy Thanksgiving 🙂
*Photo credit here.