Fall is a favorite of ours—from the crisp, cool weather to the cozy fall wardrobe to the seasonal harvest. When we were kids, we would go apple picking with our family and we loved coming home with a mound of apples, fresh apple cider, and tasty caramel apples. A jar of homemade caramel sauce is the perfect hostess gift for a fall gathering—read more for our caramel sauce recipe and tips!
This recipe is super simple, you only need four ingredients! While you’re at it, make an extra batch or two and you’ll have a lovely gift to bring to next dinner party you’re invited to.
• 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
• 1 cup packed (dark) brown sugar
• 1/4 cup (half stick) butter
• Dash of vanilla
1. Bring ingredients to boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently using a whisk.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until it thickens and is reduced to 1 3/4 cups, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 25 minutes.
3. To serve, re-warm for best consistency and flavor. This sauce is perfect for dipping apples as well as topping ice cream and cake.