Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Rich and fudgey brownie topped with chocolate chip cookie dough and thick layer of chocolate ganache.
For Brownie Layer:
- 8.5 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ⅞ cup softened butter (1 cup minus 1 ½ tablespoon butter saved for chocolate ganache)
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoon butter
To make the brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a 9×9 pan and line with baking paper.
- Melt 8.5 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, then combine with softened butter and stir until it’s smooth.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cups all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 ½ Tablespoon cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar, then add the milk and mix to combine.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until it’s evenly combine, then gradually add dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake about 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out almost clean (do not overbake). Remove from the oven and cool.
To make Cookie Dough Layer:
- Mix the butter with white and brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then mix in milk.
- Add in flour a bit at a time until fully incorporated, then stir in chocolate chips with a spoon and spread mixture over cooled brownies.
To make Chocolate Ganache :
- Bring heavy cream and butter just to a boil and pour over chopped chocolate and let sit a few minutes without stirring, then stir until it’s silky.
- Spread over the cookie dough layer ( if you want to keep the ganache shiny then let it cool at room temperature , then refrigerate to set).
- Cut in small pieces because they are very rich!
Credit to Tumblr.