If you ran out of your favorite makeup remover, or simply don’t have the money to buy that expensive kind you want, this mini recipe is so easy and works so well to remove your makeup!
Olive oil is a great miracle product and has Vitamin A&E which are filled with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients which softens the skin, has Oleic Acid which improves the skins elasticity and it doesn’t clog pores.
Many people think that if they have oily skin, things like this will make it even more oily but that’s not true, this will just help make your skin more luscious and moisturized.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 TBSP Johnson’s Baby Shampoo
- 1/8 TSP Baby Oil, Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil [this is the best choice]
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix them together thoroughly.
- Add mixture to any empty bottle you have. (perfume, mini soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner bottles etc.)
- To use, just apply a small amount to a cotton ball or cotton swab and remove softly from your face. I use cotton balls for large amounts of makeup, and I use cotton swabs for my eyeliner.
If you don’t happen to have baby lotion, just the water and olive oil will work just fine. In a small container pour about 3oz of water and then add one tablespoon of olive oil. You need a small ratio of oil because it’s pretty potent but you can add a little bit more if you have dry skin. Since oil is less dense than water, it separates (like the picture above) so before you use it just shake it up really well and pour onto a cotton swab.
The oil helps loosen up even the most stubborn makeup products but don’t keep the remover for longer than 1-3 month because bacteria could form so if you want to use it after a while I suggest you make a new batch. If you don’t use makeup as often just make it with 1 cup of water and 1/8 tsp of olive oil.