- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cups (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- one 10-ounce package of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer and a large bowl (or a stand mixer), beat butter and 1 cup of sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Turn mixer to low and gradually add flour mixture until combined.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls and then toss in sugar to coat.
- Place one inch apart on parchment-paper or silicone baking sheet lined baking sheets.
- Bake for five minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and lightly press in candy cane kisses into the center of each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cookies should be set but still look moist. Cool completely on the cookie sheets on wire racks.