I know a lot of you are excited for tonight so here are some quick and easy things you can put together.
Potato Chips with Malt Vinegar:
– Buy a bag of plain potato chips and then drizzle some malt vinegar on top of them, or I think you can actually buy some malt vinegar flavored potato chips!
– Tortilla chips
– Queso ( you don’t need to make your own you can do things like velveeta)
– Chopped up jalapenos, onions, lettuce if you want
– You could also cook some chicken or beef if you wanted a meat topping!
(as seen in the picture:)
You can add:
-maybe watermelon or other berries if you want.
You can make it a bit more fun and put them in rainbow order,
7 layer dip
- 1 (1 pound) package Original Roll Sausage (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa tortilla chips
- In large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Stir in beans, chilies and taco seasoning mix. Spread sausage mix into 7 x 11 serving dish. Top with sour cream then salsa. Sprinkle olives, tomato and onion on top. Cover with cheese. Serve immediately with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
1. In a medium skillet, heat 1 table-spoon oil over medium heat. When hot, add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until slightly thickened and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set tomato sauce aside.
2. Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Preheat the broiler.
3. Spread out the pizza dough into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Transfer dough to the grill pan oil-side down and grill until set and starting to brown on the bottom side, about 2 minutes. Flip over, spread with tomato sauce and cover with mozzarella. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil on top. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1 minute.
4. Scatter basil leaves over pizza, cut and serve.