So, depending on the items you have, the total amount this would cost is about $8.OO.
Things you’ll need:
- 20 volume of Peroxide which probably costs around $1.3O
- A packet of powdered bleach which depending on what brand you get, comes to about $4.OO.
- 1 toothbrush. Your probably going to want to use a clean new one if its going in your hair. (Get a cheap one from the dollar store or something)
- Latex gloves
- Mixing bowl
- An old t-shirt. (Make sure you use one you don’t want anymore)
Okay, read these carefully.
- Grab your mixing bowl and pour 2 ounces of the 20 volume peroxide.
- Then pour the (1) packet of powdered bleach.
- Stir until well blended. Remember bleach smells really bad, so do this outside, or somewhere where the smell will go away easily.
- Divide your hair into four parts. (two parts on each side of your head)
- Once your done separating your hair, put on latex gloves.
- Put some of the mixture on your toothbrush
- Starting at the end of your hair, start brushing the bleach on (downward motion)
- Its a lot easier if your put your hair on your hand then start brushing the bleach.
- Keep applying the bleach on the toothbrush onto your hair as you gradually go further up.
- Once you’ve finished going up as far as you want, continue on to the next section of your hair.
- Remember that the whole point of ombre is to look like it’s well-blended, so it’s not important to have the hair be even all the way around. What is important is that the left and right sides of your head have ombre starting at about the same place on your hair on both sides.
- After your done with all the sections, put more bleach at the ends of your hair so it looks lighter.
- Depending on how light you want your hair, leave the bleach in for about 1O to 2O minutes.
- Be sure to keep an eye on your hair! you don’t want it becoming too light.
- Once its gotten as light as you want it, wash your hair out with sulfate free shampoo and put leave – in conditioner in your hair.
Hope this helped,