Fall is hereee and there’s so much you can do with the vegetable of the season, and since a lot of you will be carving and getting pumpkins for Halloween, why waste the inside? If you don’t have a juicer or just happen to really like sweet things here’s a few ideas for you.
- 2 cups of pumpkin (chopped up into chunks)
- 2 cups of apple juice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey (or more to your taste)
- Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and/or Allspice (all ground, to taste)
- Juice the pumpkin pieces by squeezing through a cheesecloth or using a juicer if you have one.
- Pour the pumpkin juice, apple juice and pineapple juice into a blender.
- Add the honey (start with 1 teaspoon and then add some more to taste) to the juices and blend thoroughly.
- Add your spices (to taste). Slowly do it though because if you add too much then the whole thing might get messed up.
- Put your pumpkin juice in the fridge or serve with Ice.
- 2 Quarts apple cider, divided
- 1 piece fresh ginger, (2″) sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 28 oz. can pumpkin puree
- Pour 3 cups of the apple cider into a saucepan; add the ginger slices, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and then add the honey and brown sugar (stir to dissolve).
- Refrigerate the mixture until it’s cold.
- When ready to serve, strain the apple cider mixture into a large pitcher. Add the remaining apple cider and the pumpkin puree and mix.
My friend made noodles and they looked AMAZING and I just HAD to get the recipe from her. If you’re like me and love to cook but don’t want to put in too much effort but still get something that tastes amazing, this is the recipe for you.
- 2 chicken breasts (1lb)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Medium sized shrimp (14 oz)
- Asian noodles
- Teriyaki sauce or Soy sauce
- Salt and paper to taste
- Cube two chicken breast (1 lb) and cook it in 2 Tbs of olive oil with garlic powder, salt and pepper until it’s tender and almost done.
- Then add a bag of medium sized shrimp (14oz) and make sure you take the tails off. Add more seasonings.
- Get the Asian noodles and boil them then rinse with warm water, drain.
- Steam a head of broccoli (make sure you cut it into small pieces), add the chicken, broccoli and shrimp together and pour 10oz of teriyaki sauce (any brand) into the mix.
- Heat about 3/4mins then stir in the noodles and simmer.
This recipe is to DIE for and since it’s super easy I decided to put it up as a last minute Thanksgiving dessert recipe.
- 1 – Packaged Cake Mix, Yellow or White
- 1 – 21 oz. can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 – 20 oz. can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 – Stick Butter (refrigerated)
- 1 – Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
Hope you enjoy, happy Thanksgiving 🙂
*Photo credit here.
It’s summer. It’s hot. I’m hungry. So here:
Freeze some of your favorite fruits for a cold and refreshing summer treat. some good fruits to freeze are:
– Grapes (red, green or black)
2//Yogurt Dippin Dots
Make your own dippin’ dots at home with yogurt! Here’s how to make them:
– 1- 2 cups of yogurt (or three small yogurt cups) in any flavor(s) you want
– A plastic sandwich bag
– A baking tray lined with parchment paper
1. Take your yogurt and pour it into the plastic bag (or more than one if you’re doing a couple flavors).
2. Cut off a tiny corner of the bag (so it turns into a piping bag) and pipe the yogurt into dime sized dots or smaller on the baking sheet about one inch apart.
3. Once you’re done piping the yogurt dots, put the baking sheet into the freezer and let them freeze (at least three hours).
4. When the dots are frozen you can take them out and scrape them into a bowl to eat them!
3// Gummy Bear Popsicles
Make some yummy popsicles with this recipe! Here’s how:
-1 2 liter bottle of sprite
– 1 bag of gummy bears (or any other gummy candy)
– Popsicle molds
1. Pour some sprite into the popsicle molds.
2. Add in some gummy candies (as many as you’d like)
3. Fill up the molds the rest of the way and then place them into the freezer (let them freeze for at least 3-4 hours or overnight).
4. Once they’re frozen you can enjoy them on a hot summer day!
Here’s how to make a yummy fruit slushie:
– Your favorite fruit
– A glass baking dish
1. Blend up your fruit and pour it into the baking tray.
2. Freeze your fruit blend for at least five hours.
3. Take it out once it’s frozen and scrape away at it with a spoon or fork until it forms an icy slush.
4. Serve it in a bowl or a cup for a yummy treat. (:
(play around with different fruits / juices / etc for a variety of different flavors!)
Hope you have fun making and eating these 🙂