Fall is hereee and there’s so much you can do with the vegetable of the season, and since a lot of you will be carving and getting pumpkins for Halloween, why waste the inside? If you don’t have a juicer or just happen to really like sweet things here’s a few ideas for you.
- 2 cups of pumpkin (chopped up into chunks)
- 2 cups of apple juice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey (or more to your taste)
- Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and/or Allspice (all ground, to taste)
- Juice the pumpkin pieces by squeezing through a cheesecloth or using a juicer if you have one.
- Pour the pumpkin juice, apple juice and pineapple juice into a blender.
- Add the honey (start with 1 teaspoon and then add some more to taste) to the juices and blend thoroughly.
- Add your spices (to taste). Slowly do it though because if you add too much then the whole thing might get messed up.
- Put your pumpkin juice in the fridge or serve with Ice.
- 2 Quarts apple cider, divided
- 1 piece fresh ginger, (2″) sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 28 oz. can pumpkin puree
- Pour 3 cups of the apple cider into a saucepan; add the ginger slices, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and then add the honey and brown sugar (stir to dissolve).
- Refrigerate the mixture until it’s cold.
- When ready to serve, strain the apple cider mixture into a large pitcher. Add the remaining apple cider and the pumpkin puree and mix.