It’s so annoying when you have chipped nail polish and you don’t have nail polish remover at home so I’m here to help. Here’re some things you can use to take off nail polish without nail polish remover:
Hairspray often contains the same kind of chemicals as nail polish remover, and this allows it to serve the same purpose as nail polish remover.
Spray some hairspray onto your nail then remove the nail polish with a tissue. Don’t use a cotton ball because the substance sticks to the nail.
If you have a perfume that you don’t particularly like the smell of you can use it as a nail polish remover. Spray some onto a cotton ball and rub onto your nails. Repeat as needed.
3. Nail Polish
This might sound weird, but it works. When you apply a new coat of nail polish, the old layer softens which makes it easier to remove the nail polish. Apply a layer of nail polish then take both layers with a cotton disc by rubbing firmly over your nails.
1// Clean your nails
- You should always keep your nails clean. Wash your hands with soap and clean inside of your nails in case you have dirt or anything inside them (you don’t want people seeing your nails and getting grossed out do you?)
2//Trim your nails
- Thoroughly clean the inner part of your nails before clipping them
- Its best to keep your nails short because then it looks neat, stays clean, breaks less easily and is also easier to manage
- Try to cut your nails all the same length and size
- After your done cutting your nails file them so that they aren’t rough or sharp.
- Just like your hands get dry your nails get dry too so just rub on some lotion on and around your nails so the skin doesn’t come of and the area around it stays healthy.
- I should have put this first. this is a problem for a lot of people its a really bad habit and can really ruin your nails
- If you need help to stop biting your nails try putting on nail polish or chewing gum so you don’t have to put your nails in your mouth ( sounds nasty when you say it like that)
- Vaseline isn’t just for your lips its helps with cracks dry skin and your nails.
- Put some on your nails everyday so they can get stronger.
- Water is really goood for your nails
- So drink a lot of water and when you wash your hands make sure you wash your nails too
- If you consume a lot of calcium rich foods your nails get stronger and wont chip as often, so eat lots of cheese ,yogurt, ice cream..etc
- There are many vitamins which can promote nail growth and make them healthier. Honestly I haven’t tried them myself to say if they work but it won’t hurt to try. In several studies though, researchers found that supplements of biotin increased nail thickness and prevented splitting and breaking. Here is an example of one:
9// Don’t mess around with your cuticles
- DO NOT cut them too often unless they’re overgrown and you NEED to because your cuticles are barriers which protect your nails from bacteria and stuff so if you cut them too close you might get an infection like: (&& that’s not pretty)
10//Limit getting too many professional manicures done
- Your nails might feel and look nice for a while but eventually over time your nails will become brittle and dry because of all the chemicals applied to them.
- The tools they use are also used on thousands of other people and doing manicures at home will reduce the rick of infection.
11// Apply cuticle oil
- If your nails are prone to breaking that means they need moisture and putting oil around the cuticle helps moisturize your nails which will reduce breaking.
12// Try not to use Acetone-based nail polish removers
- We all know how hard it can be to remove glitter nail polish and acetone might be an easy way to do it but never fear, Aisha is here (lol I should stop)
- Before applying any glitter/hard to remove polish apply a base coat of Elmers glue or any basic white school glue and let it dry. Once it’s dry, apply the nail polish. Whenever you want to take it off just pick on it a little and it should peel right off.
13// Don’t over wash your hands
- I know I mentioned above that water is good for your nails but drinking wise. If you wash your hands more than you need to, it’ll wash away natural oils and those are essential for keeping your nails healthy.
- If you really need to wash your hands a lot just make sure to moisturize as often as you can.
14// File your nails right
- When you file your nails to often it’ll cause the layers to peels but when you do, file them in one direction not back and forth to help reduce breakage.
&& Don’t forget that your toenails are just as important.
Join Maven now here and get a Fall Fashion Neutrals Beauty Box for free! ($62 value) Use code FREEFALL at checkout. (Get one before they run out)
*Just a disclaimer you do have to pay $2.99 for shipping but come on, it’s totally worth it && if you don’t want to continue the subscription then just cancel after you get your first free box and you won’t be charged for the next box.