Yum! On July 7th, IHOP will be celebrating its 57th anniversary by rolling back the price of Original Buttermilk Pancake Short Stacks to just $.57! This will take place on July 7th, from 7AM-7PM. No coupon is needed. Limit 1 per guest. Go here for more information.
Since Fall is here I thought it would be nice to wake up and have some warm and hearty oatmeal pancakes for breakfast, so here I am.
• 1/3 cup rolled oats
• Ground 2 tbsp flour
• Whole wheat or all purpose
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 egg white
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
– Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
– In a food processor, grind the oats for 5-7 seconds.
– Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
– Add the applesauce, egg white, vanilla, and almond milk and stir until well combined.
– Make pancakes on skillet, occasionally lifting edges to keep from sticking. When bubbles form on pancake, flip and cook on other side until fully cooked through.
Serve with fruit and maple syrup.